Families and Groupings is essential to an organisation in a demand-driven environment and serves as input to Material Requirements Planning (MRP). SYSPRO Inventory Families and Groupings provides the tools to arrange 'collections' of stock keeping units (SKUs) into families and groupings of similar items.
These collections provide a high-level view of items at which sales forecasts can be produced and the quality of the forecast measured.A significant feature is the ability to group warehouses for purposes of forecasting at a regional or territory level for logistical or supply chain purposes. There is also the feature for forecasts to be generated at a brand level to facilitate a clearer marketing picture.
The benefits of Inventory Families and Groupings
- Forecasts at various levels in the family hierarchy (grandfather, father, child)
- Multi-level analysis of family performance over time
- Variety of forecasting algorithms, including a competition method which automatically selects the best algorithm for the collection
- Default algorithms at company or collection level
- Analysis of sales value, gross profit, cost of sales, quantity sold or hits (invoice line occurrences) using Pareto capabilityPareto (ABC) analysis for ranking items within each collection
- Automatic real-time updates of collection history
- Configurable graphical output for improved visibility